If you don’t want to have any cookies stored in your computer, you can use your web browser to ensure that you will not get them.
Different types of cookies
There are two types of cookies, and both of these are used at Skane.se.
The first type is a persistent cookie. These cookies save a file, which remains in a visitor’s computer for a fairly long period.
The second type is called a session cookie. During the time a visitor is on our website, the cookie well be stored in the memory of the visitor’s computer. Session cookies are deleted when the visitor closes his or her browser.
You can adjust your web browser so it always rejects any cookies, or so you will be informed every time a website requests permission to store a cookie on your computer. This, however, may mean that you will not be able to access functions on the website. You can also use your web browser to delete cookies that were stored there at any earlier time. Visit your browser’s help pages for additional information.
Cookies on Skane.se
Web analysis and statistics
The information that is created by these cookies when you use our website (including your IP address) will be forwarded to, and stored by, Google on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties if this is required by law, or in those cases in which a third party processes the information on behalf of Google.
We have configured the settings for Google Analytics so that this tool renders anonymous any information sent to Google . This is done by Google Analytics truncating (removing the last digits of) the visitors’ IP addresses before the information is stored by Google.
The following cookies are placed by Skane.se:
_utma, which is used to identify unique visitors, and is saved for two years, _utmb, which is used to determine the length and number of pages shown on the site, and is saved for 30 minutes after it is created or updated last, _utmc, which is used together with _utmb in order to determine whether a new visit is taking place on the website (after 30 minutes of inactivity, activity on the website is counted as a new visit). This is deleted when the browser is closed, _utmz is used to keep track of how the visitor found the website, and will be saved for six months, and _ga and _gat are persistent cookies that are used to map the behaviour of the users, _gid is used to identify a unique visitor and expires after 24 hours.
If you don’t want your visit to our website to be shown in the statistics kept with the help of Google Analytics, you can install an add-on to your web browser. These add-ons are available for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Opera web browsers.
- The persistent cookie known as nmstat is used by Siteimprove to remember how the web browser uses the site, including when the reader visited the site most recently. Siteimprove is a web analysis tool that, among other things, helps us repair broken links, and improve accessibility on the site. This cookie disappears 1,000 days after you most recent visit.
- AWSELBCORS is a session cookie used by SiteImprove to improve performance. It is set by the domain 7770.global.siteimproveanalytics.io. The cookie is removed when the browser is closed.
The functioning of the website
- ASP.NET_SessionId is a session cookie that is placed by Skane.se and is required in order to ensure that the website will function satisfactorily. It keeps track of the choices that visitors make on the website, and follows the visitor throughout the visit. This cookie disappear when the web browser is closed.
- Navigation is a persistent cookie that saves the visitor’s menu choices, such as language.
- .EPiForm_BID Is used when you fill in a form to keep track of which form you are filling in. It expires after 90 days.
- .EPiForm_VisitorIdentifier Saves information about which user has submitted a form but contains no identifiable data about the visitor. It expires after 90 days.
- Lilum is a session cookie that is used to measure the performance of the website. It is placed by the domain known as lilum.lightsline.se. This cookie disappears when the web browser is closed.
- Lilumperm is a persistent cookie that is used to measure the performance of the website. It is placed by the domain known as lilum.lightsline.se.
Consenting to cookies
- CookieBoxHasBeenClosed is a persistent cookie that is placed by Skane.se in order to check whether the visitor has accepted receiving cookies.
There are films from YouTube on skane.se. These films are shown using YouTube’s movie player, and when the films are played, cookies are used by youtube.com. The cookie known as Visitor_INFO1_LIVE is saved for eight months. The cookies known as use-hitbox and PREF, respectively, disappear when the web browser is closed.
Our social media and other websites
We sometimes use Facebook, Twitter, as well as other social media. These pages are located in external locations over which we do not have any control, and we are therefore unable to take responsibility for the cookies that are used there. It is also possible that there are links to other pages, to which we refer. These pages, too, are beyond our control.