The Memory Clinic is comprised of a Memory Outclinic, mobile teams, a Memory Health Unit, an internationally leading university research group, a Dementia Knowledge Centre with regional and national responsibilities, a Clinical Trials Unit, and the Swedish BPSD Registry – a national quality registry.
This combination of expertise in the one and same organisational unit is unique in Sweden. It has enabled the Memory Clinic to take clinical, research, educational and societal outreach activities to an excellent level for the benefit of dementia patients in Skåne, Sweden and internationally.
The Memory Clinic is a modern facility adapted to best evidence-based practice with focus on early detection and prevention. This focus has led to a complete phasing-out of in-patient wards. The clinic has a multidisciplinary set-up with doctors, nurses, social workers, occupational therapists, physiotherapists and psychologists working in teams, to give each patient individualised care.
The Memory Clinic has particular expertise in:
- Mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer’s disease
- Unusual dementia diagnoses (FTD, Lewy Body, etcetera)
- Hereditary dementia (in collaboration with Clinical Genetics)
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus (in collaboration with Neuroradiology and Neurosurgery)
- Biomarkers in CSF and amyloid PET and Tau PET examinations